- Notes3 is a scientific note-taking program based on Pandoc.
- WriteType helps elementary school students experience success in writing
- The Hablator is a chat script
- ForceAtlas2-python is a port of Gephi’s ForceAtlas2 graph layout algorithm to Python (and NetworkX). Install with “pip install ForceAtlas2”.
- I also have a bunch of Launchpad repos containing software from my own scientific and non-scientific pursuits, though others may find them useful.
(All software listed here is available under the GNU GPLv3.)
I occasionally update my scientific blog.
“What are the important problems of your field? … If you do not work on an important problem, it’s unlikely you’ll do important work.”
I am interested in using mathematical, statistical, and computational tools to understand the brain.
Other things that belong online
- When I worked at the Zelazo Lab I wrote several executive function tasks and experiments.
- The figures from my
are available under the Creative Commons BY-SA License.
- Note that, if you are considering purchasing this book, I would highly advise against it. I wrote it for MuseScore 1.3, whereas MuseScore 2.0 has been released, making it more or less obsolete. Marc Sabatella wrote a brilliant book on MuseScore 2.0.
- Here is a recent picture of me courtesy of (and copyright) Pat O’Leary.
Sites you should check out
- Anyone who does scientific programming should read this paper on best practices.
- The Free Software Foundation protects the digital freedom of software users and developers.
- The Ada Initiative is a project to support women in computing.
- MuseScore is a free software music composition program. I also used to build the GNU/Linux nightlies.
- DuckDuckGo is a nice search engine that respects your privacy.
- This blog contains several of my older essays on software freedom.
- Here are some good (and not so good) books.
- I am a joint graduate student in the Murray lab and Lee lab. Previous affiliations: Bullmore, Lehman, Nykamp, Netoff, Hamker, and Zelazo.
The best way to contact me is via carrier pigeon. Email works too, though.
Alternatively, you can send me an anonymous message.