- Notes3 is a scientific note-taking program based on Pandoc.
- WriteType helps elementary school students experience success in writing
- The Hablator is a chat script
- ForceAtlas2-python is a port of Gephi’s ForceAtlas2 graph layout algorithm to Python (and NetworkX). Install with “pip install ForceAtlas2”.
- I also have a bunch of Launchpad repos containing software from my own scientific and non-scientific pursuits, though others may find them useful.
(All software listed here is available under the GNU GPLv3.)
I occasionally update my scientific blog.
“What are the important problems of your field? … If you do not work on an important problem, it’s unlikely you’ll do important work.”
I am interested in using mathematical, statistical, and computational tools to understand the brain.
Other things that belong online
- When I worked at the Zelazo Lab I wrote several executive function tasks and experiments.
- The figures from my
are available under the Creative Commons BY-SA License.
- Note that, if you are considering purchasing this book, I would highly advise against it. I wrote it for MuseScore 1.3, whereas MuseScore 2.0 has been released, making it more or less obsolete. Marc Sabatella wrote a brilliant book on MuseScore 2.0.
- Here is a recent picture of me courtesy of (and copyright) Pat O’Leary.
Sites you should check out
- The Free Software Foundation protects the digital freedom of software users and developers.
- The Ada Initiative is a project to support women in computing.
- MuseScore is a free software music composition program. I also used to build the GNU/Linux nightlies.
- DuckDuckGo is a nice search engine that respects your privacy.
- This blog contains several of my older essays on software freedom.
- Here are some good (and not so good) books.
- I currently work in the Murray lab. Previous affiliations: Lee lab, Bullmore lab, Lehman lab, Nykamp group, Netoff lab, Hamker lab, and Zelazo lab.
The best way to contact me is via carrier pigeon. Email works too, though.
Alternatively, you can send me an anonymous message if there’s something you want me to know.